- Federal Agency | To start asap
- Contract extensions – Possible 2 x 24 months extension options
- Must have a current Baseline security clearance
- Queensland location
An independent Federal Agency is seeking to engage multiple Business Analysts to support the Modernisation Program Delivery team.
The Program is seeking a number of experienced Business Analysts who have had exposure to either Logistics/Supply Chain Management, Enterprise Service Management, Human Resources Information Systems, or IT Service Management to join the Business Program.
Success for this role will rely on the individual’s ability to deliver in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment, be a good cultural fit and an ability to challenge and drive thinking in new directions. You will be skilled in and want to work on, high level outcomes and user experience. We are not seeking technical BA’s. We want people who understand people and businesses, instead of people who understand systems.
This role is not your typical BA position. We are looking for Business Analysts who have a desire to define and deliver real outcomes, are comfortable working with ambiguity and are not held hostage by methodology. We are looking for people who want to have an impact and contribute to a project that is making real change. We need people who want to contribute to our culture and are committed to making this team a great place to work. We expect to challenge our recruits with new thinking and to be challenged ourselves. This role is not for the faint of heart.
Purpose of the Role
The Business Analyst supports the activities of the Business Program responsible for analysing the capabilities of the current state of the client government organisation’s business processes and systems. The program is also responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement in the delivery of election and roll management services.
Although some key activities of the role will include typical Business Analyst work such as the development of business process models, workflows, requirements mapping and traceability, stakeholder engagement, reporting and planning activities, this role is not a typical Business Analyst role in that the role will be taking an outcomes based approach to representing the business capabilities and users experience, not defining system functionality.
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is complex and sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge within the area of Business Analysis
Key position responsibilities:
• Plan, facilitate and document user interviews, eliciting both high level and detailed business problems and analysing root causes
• Design and facilitate workshops and interviews that include a variety of internal and external stakeholders across all levels
• Design and develop business process models and workflows in consultation with key staff across the agency
• Manage stakeholder groups to develop a partnership with the business and foster a productive working environment
• Undertake requirements mapping and traceability
• Translate defined business needs into outcomes and problem statements (not technical requirements), for large scale Government applications and complex systems.
• Identify, investigate and analyse business processes, procedures and work practices to identify business requirements, inefficiencies, gaps and opportunities for improvement
• Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting its interests in various forums.
• Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
• Experience assessing the solution against the identified business problems to provide assurance that the solution successfully meets the user needs and the business problems are resolved.
• Experience working collaboratively with vendors on the analysis and development of business and systems requirements.
• Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
Qualifications, skills and experience
• A minimum of three years’ experience as business analyst with significant exposure to user experience and/or service design
• Proven experience in producing relevant artefacts including journey maps and service blueprints
• Demonstrated experience in operating autonomously while delivering in program/project environment with limited direction
• Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network
• Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff while developing capabilities, encouraging career development and promoting professionalism
• Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters
• Exposure to or experience in fulfilling the function of a Business Analyst in any of the following areas: Supply Chain Management, or Enterprise Service Management, or Human Resource Information Systems
** Must have a current Baseline security clearance and the ability to obtain NV 1 Security Clearance
If you who have a desire to define and deliver real outcomes and comfortable working with ambiguity, contact us today! Please send your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.