- Large Government Organisation
- Brisbane Based
- 6 months + 2 year extension possible
The client is a large government organisation with multiple projects on the go. As the BIA you will undertake analysis of a wide range of data and present it in appropriate ways to enhance decision-making and performance across the business.
You must have significant experience in cloud-based environments and business intelligence tools. You will identify and use a wide range of information sources and support a wide range of stakeholders to effectively interpret and contextualised the data. You will build dashboards for various business areas by utilising the latest analytics and visualisation tools to support self-service analytics going forward.
- Expert experience in business intelligence and data visualisations tools including Tableau, Power BI and ESRI (desirable)
- Ability to conduct complex requirements gathering and design workshops with business users including the ability to document functional requirements, source system data feeds and business rules
- Exceptional understanding of how to present data including use of user interface design principles
- Ability to turn complex data sets and reports into highly intuitive multidimensional self-service analytics dashboards which deliver 24/7 on demand business insights
- Experience in the delivery of geospatial, real-time, drillable and predictive visualisations using structured and unstructured data
- Ability to drive data literacy uplift across an organisation including training and upskilling business users in the design, build and implementation of self-service dashboards
- Demonstrated track record in successfully bridging the gap between technology and business teams and stakeholders
- Experience conducting testing activities
- Sound understanding and experience working with cloud-based Data Cataloguing and Data Integration tools
- Experience sourcing data from cloud and on-premise Data Marts, Data Warehouses and Data Lakes including on premise Oracle Data Warehouses, cloud-based AWS/ AZURE Data Lakes and SQL, R, Redshift, MuleSoft, Alteryx Data Marts (note. this is not a data scientist role)
As the successful candidate you may have quarterly KPI’s to maintian and current and varied experience across public and private sector is highly desireable. Some working from home may also be required.