- Contract until end of January 2022
- Brisbane City location
- Great opportunity within Government
A Contracts Manager is needed to lead and manage the administration, development, implementation and management of best practice procurement and contract management procedures and strategies in accordance with the whole of Government policy and procedures.
Provide leadership and direction to Contract Management services including the establishment, maintenance and review of existing and pre-existing contracts and standing offer arrangements for the client. This position is also responsible for the management of service and maintenance agreements.
* While not mandatory, preference will be given to candidates with a legal background, e.g. lawyer, paralegal.
The ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
* Expert knowledge and ability in contract planning, development, administration and management.
* Ability and success in the delivery of a supply/contracts service within a large multidisciplinary organisation, working across a diverse geographic region.
* Expert communication, consultation and negotiation skills with ability to develop and refine relationships with clients and other key stakeholders in order to achieve outcomes.
* Leadership and supervisory skills; including, the ability to work as part of a team and adapt to changing work environments.
* Demonstrated ability to focus strategically, understand the clients objectives and align operational activities accordingly. Demonstrated high level conceptual and analytical skills with the capacity to identify and analyse complex issues and develop quality procurement and contract options and strategies.
* Demonstrated ability to lead the development and implementation and maintenance of procurement sourcing and contract management strategies.
* Demonstrated ability to provide impartial and forthright advice, challenge important issues constructively, persist and focus on achieving objectives even in difficult circumstances.
Submissions are due COB 03 November 2021. If you are interested, please give me a call for a confidential chat on 0450050076 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.