- 6-month contract with possible extension
- Data architecture
The Data Architect will be required to accelerate the development of Data Architecture capabilities within ICT and the boarder Department to deliver uplifted ICT planning rigor and to increase the confidence with which ICT investment decisions can be made.
- Develop a holistic view of the Data that will be managed by either transactional or Data Warehouse systems by building knowledge of our current systems, datasets, migration approach, technology used, and strategy.
- Utilise your ICT and deep data knowledge to help ensure that the business of the organisation and the supporting ICT are aligned and will have the capability to meet our future requirements.
- Align the organisation’s corporate strategy with IT strategy using a variety of models and tools and deliver robust ways to manage, migrate and utilise data as solution are delivered.
- Provide advice, direction and recommendations on all aspects of data architecture for Applications systems, departmental strategy and governance, taking steps to ensure that it is properly understood and appropriately exploited, to enhance the effectiveness of significant activities.
- Maintains an awareness of the global needs of the organisation, trends in Cloud delivery and promotes the benefits that a common approach to IT deployment will bring to the business as a whole, among information systems and business management.
- In collaboration with the organisation, Technical and Solution Architects, assist in the development and maintenance of the roadmap for Applications transition to a cloud SaaS solutions.
- Recognizes potential strategic application of IT and initiates investigation and development of innovative methods of exploiting IT assets, to the benefit of the organisation. Plays an active role in improving the interface between the business and IT.
- Establish and improve relationships with staff and senior officers in the organisation to communicate, support, and advance the whole-of-Government enterprise architecture.
- Manage risks and issues that may impact on the successful implementation of the architecture initiatives and other organisation’s initiatives.
- Undertake other duties within the organisation as required.
- Data certification is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Data Architecture role in a small/medium and complex organisation.
- Experience in the implementation or redesign of an Data Architecture practice is required.
- Experience and knowledge of the Digital Transformation domain.
- Experience and knowledge of the Security domain.
- Experience and knowledge of the Identity Management domain.
- Experience and knowledge of the Network domain.
- Experience and knowledge of the Cloud Services and hosting domain.
- Experience and knowledge of the End User Compute domain.
- Prior experience and knowledge of small/medium scale employment, small business and training environment.
- High level written and oral communication skills and excellent organisational skills.
- Experience in change management.
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities with a focus on simplification.
- Experience working with senior level stakeholders.
Tender closes on 17 October 2019. Statement of suitability to be completed on 16 October 2019.
Shana Coetzer | 0450 050 076
Alternatively, please send your CV in Word format to email@example.com.