- Initial 6-month contract 2 x 12-month contract extensions
- Brisbane CBD or Northern Suburb Location
- Flexible working arrangements
Synergy Placements is currently working with a large Queensland government department in search of an experienced Data Engineer for an initial 6-month contract with a possible 2 x 12-month extensions.
As a Data Engineer, you will be required to source, integrate and make data available for use by business intelligence analysts, data scientists, and other data users. The role requires significant experience in cloud-based technologies which enable the design, build and delivery of an enterprise-wide data consumption model.
To be successful in this role you will be required to: develop and implement solutions to ingest, integrate and make available data for key stakeholders from a range of source systems and data warehouses and to also design, build and deliver data marts or enterprise-wide use.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Cloud platform experience (AWS and Azure environments highly desirable)
- Demonstrable experience in data ingestion, establishing effective ingestion patterns which support the delivery of multi-dimensional dashboards, artificial intelligence, and machine learning solutions
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing data from various databases and warehouses including SQL and NoSQL
- Experience optimising data pipelines and automating the delivery of data marts which are scalable enterprise-wide;
- Ability to develop and deliver test scripts and government data security controls which ensure data integrity and quality;
- Experience building and migrating existing ETL pipelines (such as Oracle Datawarehouse’s and DataStage Jobs) to cloud environments (including Azure and AWS)
- Ability to optimise business-critical requirements and curate data models which meet business needs and deliver organisational change
- Experience extracting and combining data from various heterogeneous data sources to establish enterprise-wide data consumption models
- Experience working with business architects and delivering information architecture documentation
- Design and implement cloud-based data platforms that support business users’ self-servicing data, investigating raw data and integrate data models into AI and ML solutions.
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, PostgreSQL and other cloud-based modeling and ETL tools.
Applications close on COB Monday the 20th of January.
Please send your CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shana Coetzer | 0450 050 076