- 6-month contract with possible extension
- Digital communication and change management
The primary purpose of the Communication and Events Specialist is to design and implement internal communication and stakeholder engagement strategies that contribute to the achievement of specific Program objectives. The role includes coordination of internal and external communications to deliver consistent messages across a range of stakeholder groups. It involves undertaking activities associated with design, development and distribution of communication collateral design; coordination and delivery of stakeholder engagement events;records and reporting management
This role reports directly to the Transformation Portfolio Change Lead and works closely with the Organisational Change Management team, Project resources, Business sponsors and representatives, internal and external stakeholders, third party vendors, suppliers and consultants.
- Write and coordinate the development of communication collateral, such as advertising, direct mail, project newsletters, website, intranet, Yammer and other digital channels, signage and other promotional materials
- Design and delivery of Program stakeholder engagement events such as Program forums, Board Showcase events, road shows and other events as required
- Create and develop communication strategies that aim to educate and engage our customers, contractors and service providers on Program changes and implementation requirements
- Create inspiring and engaging content which is simple, compelling and develops a narrative linking organisational strategy and values to all individual pieces of the Program’s content and milestones
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Program changes to create and execute strategic communications and campaigns to support effective Program implementation
- Develop innovative ways to engage employees that are in tune with organisational values, culture and strategic vision
- Work with stakeholders and business representatives to provide communication advice, manage and report issues, and actions to be taken
- Provide communication counsel and expertise to Program Governance Boards, business representatives, SMEs, Program members and stakeholders
- Prioritise to ensure effective community engagement strategies are implemented so all stakeholders are well informed of project activity throughout the project’s lifecycle
- Develop a mechanism to achieve qualitative as well as quantitative measurement, agree targets and manage to those targets.
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including the ability to establish positive working relationships with management and key internal and external stakeholders, to deliver marketing and communication activities that meet organisational objectives
- Support the management of engagement initiatives from initial scoping and planning through to delivery, including the coordination of internal and external stakeholders, third parties, participants and decision-makers
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal, active listening skills, with the ability to clearly articulate messages and to work effectively with a variety of audiences across all levels of the business
- Considerable knowledge and experience in contemporary communication issues, practices and directions, and an understanding of their implications for the delivery of communications, preferably within a Program environment
- Considerable experience in developing content for social media and electronic channels, such as external website.
- Exercise judgement to provide advice on key or complex communication decisions, with the ability to think outside the box to provide creative solutions
- Proficient with computer applications, such as the Microsoft Office suite of products, email systems and internet, to provide support services including conducting research and producing documents in a professional manner
- Exceptional attention to detail, problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to work under own initiative and as a team player
- Proven ability to multi-task, and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, whilst remaining positive, respectful and professional
- Approachable, enthusiastic, flexible, adaptable, resourceful and proactive.
- Significant experience working in a communications or community engagement role within a Program environment
- Significant experience in developing, initiating and executing communication strategies, including providing guidance and leadership in communication, coordination and analysis
- Extensive experience in the design, coordination and delivery of engagement events, showcases and alike
- Demonstrated ability working in a high performing team with experience in coaching, equity, effectiveness, participation, responsiveness and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, facilitate, establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving with an ability to actively recognise, define and resolve organisational challenges and issues
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or related discipline and/or extensive experience in one of the above fields.
- Bachelors degree in Business Communication, Human Resources Change Management or relevant discipline desirable
- Broad knowledge of communication (digital) / change management specialist areas
- Proven ability to work with internal stakeholders to write, develop, deliver and publish engaging content
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to express ideas both verbally and visually within a team environment.
Tender closes on 16 October 2019. Statement of suitability to be completed on 15 October 2019.
Stephen Johnstone | 0415 234 886
Alternatively, you may send your CV in Word format directly to email@example.com.