- Federal Government Opportunity | ACT or Sydney Location!
- 6 Month Initial Contract with Possibility of 6 Month Extension!
Our client is a Federal Government Department who is on the hunt for an experienced Front End Developer. The successful candidate will need to assist the team to build a range of UI components and patterns for inclusion in their Design System and you will also help converge design systems from existing government platforms with the Design System to align their flagship projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the design system team to expand the UI components and patterns currently provided by the organisation’s design system.
- Incorporating community component suggestions, prioritising the build of their current website’s Beta components.
- The successful applicant will work with stakeholders across the oganisation and whole-of government and influence the direction of the Design System and future products
- Using cutting edge development tools you’ll work on creating components that follow the principles of progressive enhancement, accessibility and human centered design.
- You will have the opportunity of building new foundational design tools used across government to improve government services and see immediate results on products
- You will have a direct impact on how quickly we can deliver value to priority products and support the Design System community.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience following a technical brief and evidence-based design principles.
- Experience providing version control using Git and GitHub and publishing and consuming NPM packages.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with stakeholders, communicate to a range of audiences and maintain a positive outlook and respond well to feedback.
- Demonstrated experience to solve problems for design constraints that result from delivering a final product for a wide range of users with different needs.
- Motivation to improve the experience of people accessing Australian Government services by contributing to a national design system.
To be a successful the applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline Security Clearance.
To be eligible for employment applicants must be an Australian citizen and be able to provide an Australian Police Check.
Please send your application to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact Nick directly on 0406284853.