- Functional Lead with HRIS Experience
- 7- month contract
- Brisbane location
About the Client
Our client is responsible for the delivery of retail water supply and wastewater services across five local government areas and is also one of the largest water distributor-retailers in Australia, supplying drinking water, recycled water, and sewerage services across South East Queensland.
About the Role
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced HRIS Functional Lead to join our project team of professionals for a seven-month term.
In this role, you will represent the business in all aspects of the functional design of the new HRIS platform as the functional work-stream lead (reporting to the Project Manager) on behalf of the People & Safety division. You will also contribute to defining the wider HR Systems future-state architecture and BAU operating model.
The HRIS Project is a key activity in the broader HRIS Program that is transforming the way HR and Payroll Services are delivered and greatly improving the employee experience at the company.
As the HRIS Functional Lead you will be driving business engagement on the HRIS project including coordination and scheduling of all functional work-stream deliverables and participation of business stakeholders in all project activities. You will be responsible for ensuring that the company’s business needs are incorporated holistically across both the process and platform components of the HRIS solution.
The HRIS Functional Lead will lead a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and work closely with Service Partner Functional Consultants, and the HRIS Project Team’s Solution & Enterprise Architects, Testers and Change Managers to ensure appropriate configuration and the future-state operating model is achieved.
Skills and Abilities
The role requires the following skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and deliver improvement initiatives that improve efficiency and employee experience.
- Proven conceptual, business analysis, and problem-solving skills, with strong analytical skills, including the ability to recognize trends in data, manage complex issues, and opportunities for improvements to systems or processes.
- Be highly organized and able to manage a backlog of issues through to resolution.
- A demonstrated ability to foster effective and collaborative relationships with stakeholders that deliver outcomes, often where there are competing interests.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a highly time-sensitive context.
- Strong written and oral communication skills at an advanced level (including the ability to establish relationships, facilitate workshops, document designs, consult and influence both business and technical people).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a project team environment\
Knowledge and Experience
The role requires the following knowledge and experience:
- Experience with leading functional teams in HR transformation projects, with HRIS (and Workday system – desirable) implementation experience an advantage.
- A comprehensive level of HR knowledge in the areas of Core HR, Recruitment, Talent Management, and Time Management is essential.
- Knowledge of HR to Chris21 Payroll/Time and Attendance integration with HR processes is highly desirable.