- Initial 6-month contract with possible extensions
- Multiple positions available | Fantastic work environment
- Brisbane location | Government opportunity
About the Client
This Queensland state government department manages Queensland’s approximately 33,000 km state-controlled road network, which includes more than 6,500 bridges and major culverts.
About the Role:
Our client is seeking multiple Java Developers to provide relevant skills and support services for their existing applications to ensure timely delivery of operational deliverables.
Scope of Work
- Work as part of an application software project team to develop and support Java built application systems (components and/or COTS interfaces) with the Java Toolset within a Java EE environment with specific knowledge of JSF2.
- Work within the following spaces: IBM WebSphere Application Server, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API.
- Utilise WebSphere application server and Oracle database server would be an advantage.
- Processing XML files using java would be an advantage.
- Develop and document specifications and designs for Java application software.
- Work with guidance from the Lead Analyst, Enterprise Architect and other technical specialists to analyse, design and assess technical solution designs and software development approaches.
- Undertake solution analysis, design, construction, unit testing, quality reviews, performance testing, and resolve problems with products running in our client’s Java environment.
- Work with the Lead Analyst to effectively manage technical risks, issues, conflicts, and priorities to complete work with the required deadlines.
- Develop documentation and software in line with our client’s technical standards and guidelines.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of work progress as directed.
- Provide technical Java skills transfer to our client’s staff, including documentation of decisions made and the approaches taken.
- Work independently without the need for continual or detailed technical and design guidance.
- Undertake other activities as directed.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server, JSF2, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API
- Prior experience using WebSphere application server and Oracle database
- Processing XML files using Java
- Experience within large complex organisations; such as Qld Government, Government transport or similar organisations
- Varied experience across the public and private sector is highly desirable
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you need more information, please call Shana Coetzer on 0450 050 076