Juniper Network Engineer Job in Brisbane
• 12-month contract
• MSP – Government Program
• To Work Onsite
• North Brisbane | Parking onsite
About the Role:
Being a part of a small team, this role manages the Juniper (Firewall and Switch) and Cisco (Switch) network infrastructure that underpins the delivery of a critical management systems and corporate networks throughout Queensland.
The Juniper Network Engineer provides support and maintenance of the customers’ Critical Systems and Data Network.
Successful candidate will work closely with, Program Delivery & Operations (PD&O) Metro and Regional ITS Co-ordinators as well as ITS governance, providing network advice as well as maintaining and responding to incidents affecting these environments.
Key deliverables and/or milestones:
• Ensure that the systems are managed to agreed levels of service and data integrity.
• Ensure that system performance is monitored, reviewed and proactively actioned.
• Ensure that system problems are resolved.
• Provide technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures.
• Provide appropriate information to specialists, users and managers.
• Maintain accurate documentation of network architecture.
• Follows endorsed procedures for Change Management.
Highly desirable attributes:
• Demonstrated understanding and significant experience in the design, deployment and management of large-scale enterprise data networks utilising predominantly Juniper (with some Cisco) routing and switching infrastructure.
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills. Ability to coordinate/direct the efforts of multiple parties in the resolution of fault in the WAN/LAN environment.
• Sound knowledge of security technical protocols, policies and processes (Firewalls – SRX, EX, Remote access and other VPN technologies)
• Demonstrated ability in implementing System Administration procedures and strategies including the documentation of these.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to provide advice and skills transfer activities that contribute to building a highly skilled and efficient group of personnel in the Data Network Services group.
• Proven track record of working effectively in a team environment supporting production data network environments, working to tight deadlines, and supporting business critical infrastructure.
• Available for on-call requirements (weekend and evenings).
• Available for intra-state travel.
• Ability to show initiative and work unsupervised.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, please contact us today! Send your CV to email@example.com.