- 6-month contract possibility of 2 x 6-month extensions
- Large government organisation
The Lead Solution Architect is responsible for leading the design of ICT enabling technologies as well as leading tactical redesigns of ICT system upgrades/enhancements (e.g. from on-premise to cloud solutions), and designing legacy system wrappers to leverage the enabling technologies (e.g. APIs) and prepare the institution for the implementation of new enterprise solutions. Solutions being refactored, developed or procured are used by the organisation to deliver services internally and to other external stakeholders and customers using a combination of on-premise and cloud technologies. Cloud DevSecOps, Application Integration Patterns and contemporary IT capabilities/services are critical to the success of this role; and the program overall.
The Lead Solution Architect will guide the work of Senior Software Developers, Software Developers and service providers whilst also ensuring alignment to the the organisation Enterprise Architecture through maintaining a close relationship with the Design Authority and working directly with the Program’s Security Specialist. The Lead Solution Architect will be joining an Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) working environment working closely with Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Test Analysts and DevSecOps Engineers.
- Assess current state technical landscape and support the preparation of architectural roadmaps/blueprints to uplift technical architecture enablers in line with functional feature delivery
- Establish high-level solution intent statements with solution models that provide a visual representation of how all components and sub-components interact together in the future state; leveraging the new enabling technologies in line with the architectural roadmaps/blueprints
- Plan and design the structure of technology solutions
- Contribute to the evaluation and selection of appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Maintain the integrity and traceability of the solution architecture work products throughout the program
- Establish a common vision for the functional, technical and architectural components of solutions.
- Translate and interpret system requirements that are in the form of Epics, Features and User Stories to provide guidance to software development teams
- Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions.
- Proven experience as a Solution Architect in an agile program delivery environment
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions for online and API integration platforms
- Experience in contemporary architecture styles and DevOps enablers
- Experience in cloud technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS using both IaaS and PaaS approaches)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Tender closes on 5 December 2019. Selection Criteria to be completed on 4 December 2019.
Shana Coetzer | 0450 050 076