This role is primarily responsible for building existing system with .NET 4.5.2, ASP.NET MVC 5, C# 5, SQL Server, Web API 2, AWS and start building our next generation of our global SaaS platform using .NET Core 1.0, ASP.NET 5, MVC 6, C# 6, ReactJS, Docker. You are motivated and passionate about emerging technology and contributing to new and innovative ways of producing software.
Reporting to: Development Manager
Responsibilities (key tasks and requirements of the role)
- Develop new functionality and products on our existing software products
- Design code, test, install, maintain, and retrofit software programs
- Analyse code non-conformities and develop code enhancements
- Provide technical assistance and information to other team members
- Responsibility for live systems, maintaining queuing systems as assigned
- Building new systems with technologies such as .NET / ASP.NET / C# / SQL / WCF
- All other responsibilities as assigned
Competencies (essential behaviours required for the role)
- Client focus – Ensuring that the client‘s perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet client and business needs
- High Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Managing Work – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
Job Style (types of activities/responsibilities required in the role)
- Challenging Work – Working on difficult or demanding tasks requiring substantial effort and commitment.
- Continuous Learning – Increasing knowledge and skill when circumstances call for additional learning.
- Details – Working on tasks requiring great attention to detail.
- Task Variety – Working on several different tasks or projects.
Knowledge and Experience (knowledge and experience required for the role)
- Development experience in at least one of the following:
- Strong programming fundamentals and enjoys shipping code
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and participate in small, energetic teams of a rapid, agile development schedule
- Demonstrated team work skills, including the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to manage priorities and task scheduling with minimal direction
- Strong organisation skills and high attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write concise documentation.
- Demonstrated problem solving and diagnostic skills.
Nice to haves (additional skills which are highly regarded)
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Knowledge or experience working in the legal and conveyancing industry
If this sounds like you, click ‘Apply Now” or email a copy of your CV to Christine@synergyplacements.com.au