- 6-month contract with possible extension
- Large government organisation
Our client is looking for an experienced Network Analyst to work on cutting edge technology within a large state government department. To be successful in this role the ideal candidate must have extensive experience with Cisco Network Infrastructure. You will be responsible for the configuration and implementation of Cisco technologies ranging within Data Centre and Wireless networks.
- Work independently to validate & analyse data, build analytical models, generate insights and recommend opportunities to improve business performance across our clients network.
- Researching, analysing, evaluating and monitoring network infrastructure to ensure networks are configured to operate at optimal performance.
- Prepare and maintain procedures and documentation for network inventory.
- Modifications to networks maintenance instructions.
- Provide network programming in support of specific business needs and requirements.
- Provide specialist skills in supporting and troubleshooting network problems .
- Emergency installing configuring testing maintaining and administering new and upgraded.
- Monitoring network traffic and activity capacity and usage.
- Preparation of technical reports and research analysis.
- Configuration and operation of Cisco network equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls and other devices as needed.
- Development of new network solutions to meet the requirements of our client.
- Management and provision of operational support for Cisco Routers, Switches and other network equipment on the LAN, MAN & Telstra MPLS IPWAN running BGP Routing. Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate complex network technology concepts to non-technical staff; ability to present and communicate confidently with service providers and clients.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role and be willing to work outside of normal business hours when required.
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering/science-related field e.g. Bachelor IT or Elec Eng, CCNP. and/or relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of complex national WAN environment comprised of LAN/WAN/Firewall infrastructure from large campus to small/regional office environments.
- Unified Communications IP Convergence (VoIP, Video Conferencing)
- WAN Optimisation project – Riverbed Technologies.
Tender closes on 22 November 2019. Statement of suitability to be completed on 21 November 2019.
Please contact Shana Coetzer | 0450 050 076 for a confidential discussion.
Alternatively, you may send your CV in Word format directly to email@example.com.