- 7-month contract with extension
- Large government organisation
- Undertake a range of activities with emphasis on LAN active equipment to support voice and data solutions, including limited research, requirements analysis, and solution design, scope of work development and handover, systems planning and customer relationship management.
- With limited supervision undertake the development and implementation of new/improved processes, practices, standards, policies and/or systems through the provision of specialist expertise including providing timely and appropriate information and recommendations to support high quality decision making.
- Consult with clients and customers, including schools, regional and central office staff and technical officers for minor projects.
- Provide the interface between customers and technical specialists to ensure business requirements are understood and can be met.
- Lead, or make significant contributions toward, the design of the agreed scope of work and collaborate with stakeholders to prioritise requirements.
- Prepare plans, approaches and timeframes for the delivery of new ICT policies, standards and solutions, and ensure their effective and efficient implementation.
- Liaise effectively with project management teams, by actively participating in all phases, to ensure timely delivery of solutions.
- Liaise with Regional Systems Technicians, School Technicians and School Representatives to fully understand individual school requirements and resolve any site specific design issues.
- Contribute to the development of documentation in relation to ICT policies, standards and guidelines for the department and its statutory bodies.
- Apply current departmental ICT procedures, policies and practices against government and industry standards and best practice.
- Actively promote sound ICT practices across the department contributing to the development and update of IT related business continuity plans within the department.
- Maintain and develop relevant professional knowledge and skills through research and investigation of the latest technologies being offered in the IT industry and utilising and applying the listed technology.
- Assist Project Managers in the delivery of the projects.
Proven experience and high level knowledge of:
- Networking Topologies – LAN, WAN and WLAN
- Cisco or HP routing and switching
- Ekahau wireless planning software
- Cisco suite – Routers, switches, wireless, WAN acceleration and Prime
- HP iMC, Statseeker, Compuware, SNMP toolsets
- Australian telecommunications cabling standards
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Data solutions
- ITIL awareness and methodologies
- Formal Qualification’s in Cabling standards will be looked at favourable.
Tender closes on 11 November 2019. Selection criteria to be completed on 8 November 2019.
Shana Coetzer | 0450 050 076
Alternatively, you may send your CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.