- 18 Month Contract with Possible Extension
- Large Government Department
- Northern Suburbs Location
Our client is a leading State Government Department who is on the lookout for an experienced Network Engineer who will be a part of a critical project for the next 18 months. This is a great opportunity to work with a skilled team on a project which will allow you to grow both professionally and personally.
- Assist the Principal Engineer and ITS Admin Team with project-related activities.
- Create network designs to upgrade and optimise sections of networks as required.
- ‘After Hours’ (Night works) will be required throughout the contract period, for the commissioning of systems, upgrades and on-call arrangements.
- Server Maintenance – Windows/ Unix, checking logs and resolving errors
- Read fibre optic drawings and patch records.
- Previous extensive Network experience with CCNA/CCNP certifications being desirable
- Ability to read civil and electrical engineering drawings to assist field crews with troubleshooting power and fibre issues.
- Experience in Spanning tree configuration and troubleshooting network outages/ providing redundancy.
- Ability to reconfigure and manage edge devices over console or terminal connections.
- Understanding of security implications of network changes and configuration.
Submissions close Thursday, 3rd December 2020. Selection Criteria need to be completed as part of the submission.
Please click APPLY or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.