- 6-month contract with extension
- Large government organisation
- Efficient analysis of current networking state and deployment for a variety sites varying in size from small to very large;
- Modification of current state as-built design materials to reflect a desired ‘to-be’ state in line with newly updated network design standards and equipment types;
- Development of bill of materials to guide a third-party vendor in building of network equipment for shipment to sites and subsequent installation;
- Development of ‘soft’ network equipment configurations in line with the desired ‘to-be’ state for staging by third party vendors or for remote deployment;
- Development of detailed implementation plans and test cases where necessary to perform the required cutover steps efficiently and with minimum disruption to business operations;
- Active participation in on-site cutovers of switch/router/carriage replacing obsolete network equipment;
- Provision of remote support and troubleshooting for site cutovers where required;
- Post implementation update of network design materials where necessary to reflect final ‘as-built’ configurations;
- Development and test of new network-related deployment ‘capabilities’ as required;
- Active participation in record-keeping to ensure an accurate register of assets and their whereabouts; and
- Staging and testing of equipment to ‘to-be’ state specification where required.
- Experienced in the configuration and deployment of multi-vendor networking equipment (Cisco routers, and Juniper and Cisco switches);
- Demonstrated proficiency in some or all of the following the switching and routing protocols and related technologies:
- OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, VRF, VLAN,
- Quality of Service,
- Spanning Tree,
- EtherChannel (LACP), VRRP, HSRP.
- Strong problem-solving skills in relation to the resolution of network-related technical issues especially when under pressure
- Able to work effectively with third party vendors (equipment manufacturers, integrators) in the delivery of project outcomes;
- Demonstrable high-level experience with Cisco routers, and Juniper and Cisco switches
- Experience and proficiency in the design and support of networks equivalent to a minimum of CCNA, JNCIA or similar vendor certification.
Highly Desirable Requirements
- Experience with Juniper, Cisco networking equipment (MAN and WAN routers and switches);
- CCNP Routing and Switching or Juniper Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIS) certification would be advantageous;
- Minimum of 5 years ‘hands-on’ experience in a network design and implementation role within an operationally complex organisation, preferably sustaining the delivery of mission-critical services;
- Experienced in the operation of Network Element or Network Management Systems (e.g.: Enigma, Netbox);
- Design and implementation of MAN and WAN site connectivity using Telstra, Optus, NBN and dark fibre services;
- Provisioning of LAN Access Control (802.1X, MAB) from both a design and implementation (roll-out) context;
- Knowledge of Service Levels and Service Level Agreements as applied to critical network infrastructure;
- Development of As-built/Handover network-related project materials into operational support environments;
- Previous experience in large scale ICT Projects and Programs; preferably involving multiple Government Agencies;
- Experience in delivery and co-ordination of projects with large numbers of client sites;
- Meticulous record keeping to develop and maintain an accurate register of assets and their whereabouts;
- Change management experience particularly in an ITIL environment;
- High-level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Visio; and
- Knowledge and experience of Ansible and network automation.
Tender closes on 20 September 2019. Statement of suitability to be completed on 19 September 2019.
Please send your CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shana Coetzer | 0450 050 076