- 12-month contract with possible extension
- Large government organisation
The primary purpose of the Office365 Administrator is to manage the governance, configuration and administration of the organisation’s Office365 platform.
This is a new role, and is required to establish and manage effective governance controls, configuration management and optimise costs within the Azure/Office365 cloud platform space.
- Working with vendors, partners and internal teams, assist in the establishment of governance controls, processes and procedures to ensure flexibility and efficiency of Office 365 services.
- Working with vendors and partners in the day to day management and support of the Office 365 platform based on defined roles and responsibilities.
- Working with the internal ICT Security team, assist in the development of role based security controls and procedures to provide appropriate and effective security and access controls.
- Working with technology partners, where appropriate, provide high level day to day configuration management and administration of Office365 services including Email, Teams and Sharepoint.
- Develop, manage and undertake processes and practices for the effective management and documentation of user initiated Office365 services including Teams and Sharepoint.
- Working with the internal Strategy and Architectural teams, provide
recommendations on Office365 platform development strategies.
- Work with organisation’s existing change and environment management processes to ensure that all changes within the Office365 platform are appropriately and accurately controlled and recorded.
- Review and procure appropriate toolsets required to manage Office365
- Ensure effective data protection and backup policies and practices.
- Ensure effective license utilisation and usage tracking processes and practices.
- Contribute towards cost management and cost allocation processes to ensure cloud costs are optimised. Contribute to the ICT budget process by identifying ongoing costs of cloud services.
- Establish a continuous improvement process to optimise Office365 service management within the organisation.
- Engage with vendors to identify opportunities to reduce costs and/or improve service capabilities. Engage with technology partners in the ongoing support of cloud resources.
- Maintain knowledge of Office365 platform best practices, processes, tools and configurations to maximise the effectiveness of Office365 services.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations, specifications and standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge and sound experience in managing cloud services, including Office 365 services.
- Previous experience building, managing and configuring Office365 services in an enterprise environment.
- Previous experience with Email and/or Sharepoint administration.
- Experience in liaising with relevant industry and departmental business representatives.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships and expectations.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of documentation and
improvement of business processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of PC based software, including Office and Sharepoint.
- An understanding of accounting and budget principles and their application in an IT environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with small teams and/or autonomously.
- Completion of a degree or qualifications in business or an information
technology related qualification or equivalent experience.
- Office365 certification and/or Microsoft Azure certification preferred.
- ITIL Foundation or other appropriate qualifications which are directly related to the role are highly regarded.
Tender closes on 2 December 2019.
Stephen Johnstone | 0415 234 886
Alternatively, you may send your CV in Word format directly to email@example.com.