Your new company:
Based in Northern suburbs of Brisbane, our client specialises in sheet metal products and fabrication ranging from roofs, gutters, fencing, flashings and other custom-made items. A large Australian-owned business promoting from within they offer training and career development opportunities for those who are looking for a place to work and feel valued. Due to a retirement, a rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to join the team and help drive the business forward for 2022 and beyond.
What will you do?
Overseeing the Operations of the business and providing key leadership, you will also be responsible for the following:
- Developing, documenting, and implementing new systems and procedures to improve the reliability of Operations
- To use the appropriate measurement, analysis, and evaluation methods to identify improvement opportunities such as: quality, efficiency, revenue, staff initiatives
- Working with Senior Leadership team implementing and improving systems
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the business
- Drive local initiatives to the Operations team and continue to build a strong culture
- Working afternoons (2-10pm) which is where bulk of production and workflow is
Who are you?
Coming with a range of experience in Operations and Manufacturing, you will be a strong leader having a passion for development, growth, and innovation. This role requires a leader who can relate to the staff and build trust. Along with this, you may come with the following:
- Experienced Operations Manager with exposure working within the manufacturing sector
- Prior experience working in steel or heavy industries (desired)
- Proven background in building productive relationships with stakeholders
- Confident learning and understanding new systems and databases
- Strong focus on safe working practices and adherence to company polices
- Prior background in sheet-metal or trades would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills with ability to multi-task across various departments
- Forklift licence
What’s in it for you?
This role will be challenging. It requires someone who can build trust and relationships with various departments in the business with the ability to motivate and encourage. This role comes with an attractive annual salary package, and you will be renumerated based on experience. Coming with autonomy in the role, you will have control in how you want to direct your Operation with the full support from the Directors and Senior Leadership team.
What to do now?
If this role looks attractive, it’s probably because it is! We are looking at finding the right person for the role and would hope to have a confirmation of placement before the end of the year.
Please click “apply” and submit your resume and cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit. Further questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 0407 860 225