- 3-month contract with possible extension
- Large government organisation
The Process Analyst will engage with service owners across the department to meet agreed project timeframes and deliverables and will report to the Project Manager, IT Priority Projects within the organisation.
- Proactively manage key stakeholder relationships, and lead and conduct workshops and meetings as required to define business processes, and ensure improved outcomes.
- Obtain formal agreement from stakeholders on the scope of requirements (including business focused user stories) to establish a base line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Where required, initiate communications between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for defined groups and facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders
- Assist and prepare project stakeholders business cases which define potential benefit, options for achieving these benefits (through development of new or changes processes) and associated business risks.
- Take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
- Contribute to organisational change through recommended improvements to existing business processes, practices, procedures and information systems.
- Provide a high level of expertise in establishing and documenting ICT business and system requirements through a range of structured research and analysis techniques including, but not limited to facilitated stakeholder workshops, surveys, client meetings and industry reference reviews.
- Analyse and document business processes and related ICT requirements and take a lead role in the development of ICT system requirements specifications, including logical design.
- Conduct investigations at a high level for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Apply and monitor the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
- Identify and deliver process improvements and efficiency savings through the revision of business processes with minimal technology changes
- Developing and documenting ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ process models in compliance to enterprise process mapping standards and tools (e.g. BPMN 2.0 notations)
- Work with the provided process modelling framework to mentor and support a Department wide cultural change to continuous process and performance improvement
- Conduct thorough diagnosis of business processes and operations, document and present recommendations and provide detailed assessment of cost, benefits and risks
- Apply and utilise business modelling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be recreated and used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive decision making.
- Develop conceptual models of business processes utilising appropriate modelling techniques to develop end to end service mappings.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the development of business architecture framework, tool suite selection and design and methodology development.
- Actively participate in the management of client expectations in a limited resource development environment with competing priorities
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Senior Process Analyst role (or a role requiring business process analysis and improvement)
- Experience in business process mapping and business process re-engineering/redesign and implementation.
- Detailed understanding of project management disciplines (e.g. Prince2, PMBoK) and process improvement methodologies eg Six Sigma, Lean tools)
- Experience in change management.
- Problem-solving capabilities with a focus on simplification.
- Experience in recording process metrics.
- Experience writing user stories and use cases.
- Experience understanding business process dynamics and the change management process.
- Experience working with senior level stakeholders.
- High level written and oral communication skills and excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and as part of a team in the design, preparation and delivery of solutions to clients.
Tender closes on 12 November 2019. Selection criteria to be completed on 11 November 2019.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Shana Coetzer 0450 050 076 or send your CV in Word format to email@example.com.