- 6-month contract with possible extension
- Large government organisation
- Lead and manage multi-disciplined project teams in the initiation, planning, implementation and delivery of high-level, complex and/or high risk project outputs
- Develop project plans and other project artifacts as directed by the project owner and/or the project control group
- Ensuring projects are managed in accordance with the approved project governance framework
- Management of overall project scope within business rules and governance and stakeholder requirements, contextualised by project specific schedules, budgets, risk and contractual obligations
- Managing (and personally undertaking as required) the development and approval of project management plan (covering project planning, resourcing, communications / relationships, quality management, risk management, issues management, variation control, organisational change management, contract and procurement management, implementation, operational transition, etc)
- Managing project finalisation to ensure completion of all project outcomes / deliverables, smooth transition from project to operational management, delivery of strategic and operational asset management plans, and completion of post implementation review
- Managing all aspects of project administration including project accommodation / office facilities, security / access, budget / accounting / billing, procurements, resources / time sheets, contracts / licences, meetings, correspondence, documentation, filing, workplace health and safety, etc.
- Establish, maintain and utilise strong partnership relationships, networks and alliances with relevant internal and external stakeholders and interest groups to achieve organisational outcomes
- Provide high-level professional advice to key stakeholders and senior managers, lead and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) including accurate and up to date information for key reporting systems
- Provide consultancy services and influence others in areas of project management and specific technical expertise as requested and in parallel with existing project management responsibilities
- Identify, assess, mitigate and manage project risks, issues and outcomes through the application of the organisation’s Risk Management Framework
- Develop, negotiate, implement and monitor complex and/or high risk contracts and other relevant agreements, to support the delivery of project outcomes and outputs, by internal and external service providers
- Coordinate the development and compilation of formal project management documentation and reports in line with the organisation’s ICT Governance Framework
- Participate in the development, review and implementation of Program Management governance framework, policies, procedures and standards.
- Exceptional high level project management skills and proven ability to manage the end to end delivery of complex ICT projects
- Proven organisational skills and proven ability to manage competing priorities, work collaboratively across programs, and experience in project scoping, engagement, monitoring tracking and reporting
- Highly developed research, analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to gather and compile information, develop reports and make educated decisions and/or recommendations to the appropriate governance bodies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill including presentations to staff and stakeholders across all levels of the organisation, using negotiation, advocacy and interpersonal skills to successfully develop and manage stakeholder relationships
- Highly developed and commercially based estimating, business case development and contract establishment skills
- Skills aligned to training, education and mentoring of project teams and individuals in areas including governance, agile methodologies, processes and reporting.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying benefits and developing benefits realization plans, including base lining, managing cost-benefits during project change, including as necessary in the project scope the mechanisms required to measure the benefits pre and post project closure, and facilitating benefits realization with the benefits owner at project completion.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the successful delivery of multiple concurrent, complex, high risk enterprise wide impact, ICT projects to agreed timeframes, budget and standards
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the project processes, project life-cycle and relationship between phases, planning and control procedures, resource management, risk management, advanced schedule management, procurement management, , communications management, quality management, budgeting and financial management, scope definition and management
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams, which includes working directly with lead business representatives, other project managers, industry service providers and project owners often on highly sensitive and confidential matter
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the successful management of procurement processes such as RFI,RFP etc
- Demonstrated experience in the management of external vendors and/or service providers in order to deliver the project outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in differing types of System Delivery Life Cycles, eg Waterfall, Iterative, Agile etc. and choose the most appropriate for the projects under their control.
- Demonstrated experience in differing types of project management methodologies, eg Prince2, PMBoK, etc
- Formal Project Management accreditation – PRINCE2, AIPM or PMI certification is highly desirable
- Highly desirable to have memberships of relevant Industry Associations
- Utility billing experience
- Vendor management
- Good stakeholder engagement.
Tender closes on 3 January 2020. Statement of suitability to be completed on 2 January 2020.
Please send your CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shana Coetzer | 0450 050 076