- Business Analyst with Utility Billing Experience
- Three-month contract + Possible extensions
- Fortitude Valley Location – Close to Transport
PRIMARY ROLE PURPOSE:
The Senior Business Analyst will provide professional ICT Business Analysis services in a complex organisational environment across all aspects of our client’s strategic and operational requirements, systems and processes.
The position will perform business analysis and process review to identify and develop business and functional requirements specifications for ICT initiatives, programs, projects, and operational developments and to inform outcomes for inclusion in business cases. You will be required to complete general business analysis activities required to achieve the desired business outcomes. This includes (but not limited to) gathering and documenting business and functional requirements, producing project artifacts, process mapping, facilitating effective communication between the business and ICT partners and facilitating the resolution of technical issues.
The Senior Business Analyst has the following accountabilities.
- Plan and scope required business analysis activities
- Coordinating and facilitating structured focus groups, workshops and interviews to elicit business and functional requirements
- Identifying, modeling, documenting and ensuring customer endorsement of business and functional requirements (including current and future state process identification, process mapping, concept plans, business cases, etc)
- Consulting and liaising with Organisational Change Analysts to ensure the development of comprehensive and supportive Organisation Change Management strategies and implementation plans for organisational areas impacted by the delivery of program and project outcomes
- Analyse customer requests for new initiatives and facilitate the resolution of concepts, business changes, issues and provide alignment of objectives between the customer and ICT
- Act as a liaison point between the Project Management Office, technical specialists, customers and external entities to ensure the accurate and timely identification and communication of business needs and the clarification of issues
- Quality assurance of business analysis activities (own and peer review)
- Produce high-quality documentation and ensure alignment and compliance with the defined Business Analysis Framework, processes, tools, reporting regimes and approaches.
Skills and Abilities
The role requires the following skills and abilities:
- Proven conceptual, business analysis and problem-solving skills including the ability to gather interpret and document meaningful business and functional requirements for ICT initiatives.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills particularly with respect to working with a diverse range of stakeholders and solving and influencing complex organisational, procedural and policy issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills at an advanced level (including the ability to establish relationships, facilitate workshops, consult and influence both business and technical people).
- Ability to influence senior level customers and project teams through change management initiatives, ensuring that professional standards are maintained.
- Competent in developing and interpreting financial and other performance data and actioning initiatives to reduce negative impacts on the business.
Knowledge and Experience
The role requires the following knowledge and experience:
- Extensive experience in planning, managing, and undertaking business analysis activities, business processes and procedures, related tools and techniques and managing the requirements of automated systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business.
- Extensive experience in simultaneously managing a number of complex and diverse ICT activities including the analysis of business requirements.
- Extensive experience in developing and delivering presentations and facilitating workshops to all levels of staff within an organisation.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles and the concepts and issues that can arise from the management of ICT initiatives.
Applications close on COB Wednesday the 12th of February
Please send your CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shana Coetzer | 0450 050 076