- Leading ISP in Sydney | Permanent role
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills
- Great techie team culture
Our Client is an Australian Owned award-winning ISP who has an outstanding reputation for delivering highly reliable services across our customer base to enable both our wholesale & business customers to harness the power of the NBNs network. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company filled with true technologists, none of their systems or services are outsourced.
You will be joining our client as the Principal Network Engineer in a small team at one of the few wholesale telecommunications carriers with direct NBN connectivity. This role presents an opportunity for someone at a larger carrier to take a step up to a more senior role at a smaller organisation and gain broader experience.
- As the Principal Network engineer, you will be providing the technical lead over a team of engineers to deliver connectivity via one of the few wholesale NBN partners.
- You will be designing & implementing the extensions to our network to integrate into a number of new NBN POPs.
- Delivery the design, implementation and operational support of the existing data and voice network that spans nationally.
- You will join the team in our on-call roster to ensure the 24×7 support of the network.
- Act as the escalation point both internally and for our customer base.
- Be a lateral thinker in order to resolve faults & solve problems across the network.
- 5+ Years’ experience as a network engineer within an ISP/Carrier environment otherwise a large enterprise.
- Complex switching & routing experience
- Understanding of Metro Ethernet (NNI, UNI, e-line)
- Access technologies such as xDSL, DOCSIS, GPON, Fixed Wireless.
- Carrier technologies such as: MPLS, VPLS, PPP etc.
- Strong dynamic routing knowledge (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS)
- Knowledge of leading vendors such as Cisco, Juniper or Brocade
- VoIP & PBX using Asterisk
- Linux System administration (DNS, DHCP, RADIUS/AAA)
- Capable of working under pressure.
- Strong documentation skills (project, as-built, WikI, IPAM
- HQoS and DPI
- Scripting & automation
- CCNP or JNCIP
Please send your CV in Word format to email@example.com.
Shana Coetzer | 0450 05 076