- Contract until 30 June 2022
- Brisbane location
- Government Organisation
The successful candidate will join the Department’s Program Delivery team deliver projects to support safe and efficient access to the services network. This includes:
- A mobile and on-line service delivery focus enabling digital service delivery;
- Simplified business rules and processing;
- Swift regulatory reform resulting in efficiencies and improved service delivery and
- Secure core registration, licensing and customer information.
In the role of Senior Project Officer, you will support Project Managers in delivering business transformation projects in accordance with best practice program / project management and executive support principles. You will have good attention to detail, be able to think on your feet, show initiative, and be able to obtain and direct others to information as required.
- Autonomously work on assigned activities to meet the quality and timeframes agreed with the program / project or technical specialist and communicate progress regularly.
- Provide a range of program / project or business support activities and tasks, for example – maintain project schedules and registers; maintain Microsoft Teams sites; prepare graphs and statistics; develop and maintain databases; produce or update project or activity progress reports; update records on systems
- Assist with monthly financial management activities and reporting.
- Draft correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, submissions or briefing notes of the team and organisation
- Builds rapport and establishes strong and mutually beneficial connections
- Drives accountability and outcomes – Demonstrates accountability for the execution and quality of results through professionalism, persistence and transparency
- Contributes to the development of team objectives and recognises own role in achieving results
- Welcomes challenges in the delivery of work and demonstrates persistence in working through obstacles
- Demonstrates careful planning and organisation to achieve results
- Implements reporting mechanisms with honest recognition of progress against goals
- Demonstrates sound governance – Maintains a high standard of practice through governance and risk management
- Demonstrates respect and appreciation for legislation and policy frameworks by consistently operating to key standards
- Upholds integrity through responsible management and use of processes and resources
- Analyses information to proactively identify risks to the team’s planned activities
- Evaluates possible solutions and takes appropriate steps to mitigate risks
- Applies specialist knowledge and skills – Able to evidence knowledge in their specialist and/or functional area.
- Demonstrated training and knowledge of program and/or project management methodologies, governance and practices such as PRINCE2 and Agile delivery.
If you this sounds like you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org