- Permanent Position
- Sydney CBD – Close to Public Transport
- Large National Networking and Infrastructure ICT company
Our client is a successful National Systems Integrator and Managed Services Provider with a proven track record of delivering ICT solutions to Corporate, Defence, and Government organisations for more than twenty years.
Your new role:
There is now an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator to join this dynamic and growing company. You will be responsible for managing server and network infrastructures and will require hands-on experience with a range of operating systems, programs, and services.
- Provide technical expertise in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. In large companies, this requires understanding a global or multi-office network infrastructure.
- Help develop, document, communicate, and enforce a network technology policy.
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of new software and hardware, including the server network, devices, and firewalls.
- Responsible for monitoring system performance, IT system operations, and storage utilization.
- Responsible for hardware or software upgrades to support system growth.
- Manage user accounts and assets and assigns and updates security permissions on the network according to security policy.
- Provide support with escalated help desk requests.
- Lead a team of systems administrators, coordinates with different departments.
- Mentors team members and educates users.
- Work experience as a Senior System Administrator.
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks.
- Knowledge of system security techniques.
- Good problem-solving and communication skills.
- Team leadership experience.
- Holding relevant vendor certifications for Microsoft, Aruba, Citrix, and VMware and the ability to undertake further certifications.
To be eligible for this opportunity you will need to be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with Shana Coetzer on 0450050076.