- 12-month fixed-term contract
- $135,000 per annum package
- Major focus on data lake & cloud
Our client is a well-known research and teaching institutions within Queensland who is seeking a Senior Data Engineer. Reporting directly to the Data Manager you will be responsible to complete the following
- Responsible for taking the lead in designing, building and operationalising production-level data solutions within cloud environments, which includes end-to-end data processes that address data quality, data integration, data modelling and data mining to create value or solve problems for the university.
- Play a senior role in collaboration with staff across the company in problem/opportunity analysis to frame the problem/opportunity, facilitating workshops to understand data needs and implement data solutions and data architecture working in collaboration with the Senior Data Architect to support those needs and create value.
- Identify/design solutions to monitor and track data consumption patterns and schema changes, lead data curation activities and data quality assessments using data profiling tools, design data validation, and data reconciliation solutions.
- Responsible for provisioning datasets quickly across multiple, distributed and often diverse datasets within and outside organisational boundaries, which involves an in-depth understanding of modern data preparation tools. This includes partnering with the Data Governance team to ensure that data users and consumers use the data provisioned to them responsibility through data governance and compliance initiatives.
- Performing data extraction using database programming languages, design, develop, test, implement and monitor reporting and analytics products and be the technical expert in troubleshooting systems issues in Oracle, SQL or similar databases.
Required Skills & Experiences
- Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to postgraduate qualifications in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar
- With at least 3 years’ experience in data engineering and a background in data analysis, business intelligence or similar in a large and complex organisation.
- High-level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to quickly establish rapport, manage collaborative working relationships, engage with diverse client groups and work effectively in a high-performance team to achieve business outcomes.
- Experience working with popular data discovery, analytics and BI software tools for data discovery.
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise information solutions and capabilities such as master data management, meta data management, analytics, content management, data integration and related information management components.
- Expert level data literacy skills with demonstrated proficiency in cloud services and knowledge of various development and deployment environments on-premises, in the cloud and across multi-cloud environments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of end to end data solutions with large and diverse datasets, enabling automation and reuse of data flows across the organisation using agile methodologies.
Tender closes on 10 October 2019. Statement of suitability to be completed on 9 October 2019.
Stephen Johnstone | 0415 234 886
Alternatively, you may send your CV in Word format directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.