- 1-year contract with 2x 12-month optional extensions
- Large government organisation
- Upgrade Cisco Core Switch from 6500s to Nexus 9K in both Data Centres by 31st July 2020;
- Update Quality of Service (QoS) across the network;
- Investigate options and develop a high-level design to implement Software Defined – Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN);
- Implement connecting over 150 of the sites to the new Queensland Government Regional Network (QGRN) using a mix of ethernet and 4G services;
- Transitioning another 40 sites to the National Broadband Network (NBN).
- Provide high level technical skills and expertise to support the efficient and effective operation, maintenance and management of a complex enterprise Data Networks infrastructure which underpins critical state-wide services and delivery of network applications;
- Carry out system configurations, installations and maintenance to ensure agreed levels of service and data integrity are provided, including developing and maintaining high quality design and support documentation;
- Analyse complex issues and identify appropriate solutions and actions in this complex Information and Communications Technology (ICT) environment;
- Provide reporting on system performance and workloads using available system management tools;
- Provide technical direction to the organisation in the Local Area Network/Wide Area Network/Metropolitan Area Network (LAN/WAN/MAN) environment and provide delivery of technology related initiatives.
- Industry Certified – CCNA, CCNP (please provide Registration Number).
- Demonstrated extensive experience and knowledge in Routing & Switching, routing protocols, Internet Protocol Virtual Private Network (IP VPN) technologies, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VoIP, QOS, RADIUS and ISE.
- Large Scale Wireless Deployments (preferably Cisco)
- Configuration experience with enterprise medium/high end LAN/ WAN products (including Cisco, F5 and Palo Alto Networks).
- Demonstrated experience using system management tools including AKIPS(preferred), Statseeker, Scrutinizer, Infoblox and Observium.
- Proven experience with the design, provisioning, installation, support and management of WAN and LAN network including connectivity technologies in an enterprise (100+) network (preferably Cisco switch/router) including demonstrated knowledge of transport media (Ethernet, Digital Subscriber Line (DSL), Third Generation (3G), Fourth Generation (4G), wirelessLAN).
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills. Ability to coordinate/direct the efforts of multiple parties in the resolution of fault in the WAN/LAN environment.
- Sound knowledge of security technical protocols, policies and processes (Firewalls, Remote access and other VPN technologies)
- Demonstrated ability in implementing System Administration procedures and strategies including the documentation of these.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice and skills transfer activities that contribute to building a highly skilled and efficient group of personnel in the Data Network Services group.
- Proven track record of working effectively in a team environment supporting production data network environments, working to tight deadlines, and supporting business critical infrastructure.
- Available for on-call requirements (weekend and evenings). The position will be required to undertake 24/7 on-call activities approximately once every 3 weeks.
- Available for occasional intrastate travel.
- Other duties as required.
- The role may have quarterly Key Performance Indicators to maintain.
- Current and varied experience across public and private sector is highly desirable.
Tender closes on 20 January 2020. Statement of Suitability to be completed on 17 January 2020.
Please send your CV in Word format to email@example.com.
Shana Coetzer | 0450 05 076