We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport Scheduler to join a growing company in Melbourne’s Inner suburbs on a permanent basis. Our client is a National 4PL company who works as an agent between customers, transport and storage and they are looking for people to plan the loads.
This is for a day shift position (0900-1700), Mondays to Fridays, with great perks and great team environment.
Tasks will include:
- Management of the day-to-day transport service demands of the customer sites from receipt of transport orders to allocation to carriers, execution and receipt of PoD (proof of delivery)
- Use of TMS (Transport Management System) – optimisation module to schedule, load build, capacity, route and drop routine optimise the transport orders before allocating to carriers;
- Provide accurate and timely advice and information on transport order status to customers in an effective manner
- Use of TMS to rate optimise the order allocations;
- Prepare and use of reports and other information to support day to day decisions
Skills and experience:
- Relevant experience in a transport scheduling role
- Experience in the efficient use of TMS
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintain a strong focus on quality and safe work practices
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach to carrying out tasks
What’s in it for you?
Successful applicants will get the opportunity to work for industry leaders, based in a convenient location on the inner suburbs of Melbourne. Our client offers training and upskilling for the right candidates.
If this sounds like you, click ‘Apply Now” or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com